The East Central Illinois Area Agency on Aging will conduct a Public Hearing in our area to inform older adults, persons with disabilities, family caregivers, grandparents and other relatives raising children, and other interested individuals and organizations about the proposed Amendments to the Area Plan on Aging for FY 2014:
May 1, 2013, 10:00 a.m., CRIS Healthy-Aging Center, 309 N. Franklin, Danville, IL
The Public Hearings will present information about national, state and local initiatives, including:
- Developing an Aging and Disability Resource Center Network in Area 05;
- Integrating evidence-based, healthy-aging interventions in programs and services for seniors;
- Developing and sustaining innovative transportation services for older adults in rural areas;
- Implementing Coordinated Care for persons enrolled in Medicare and Medicaid; and
- Reauthorizing the Older Americans Act.
The Public Hearings will provide information about the Area Agency on Aging’s proposed plans, budget, funding formula, and priorities for community-based services for older adults and family caregivers, including: Coordinated Points of Entry/Senior Information Services, Transportation, Congregate Meals, Home Delivered Meals, Individual Needs Assessments, Legal Assistance, Evidence-Based Health Promotion Programs, Counseling, Medication Management, Caregiver Advisory Services, Respite Care, the Elder Abuse & Neglect Program, the Long Term Care Ombudsman Program, and the Senior Employment Specialist Program.
For more information contact:
Mike O’Donnell at (309) 829-6018, ext. 211 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.